The ACF advises the West Virginia Legislature to provide a high quality and affordable education for West Virginians, and to recognize the continuum of state-supported learning, from Pre-K through college:
- Ensure that higher education is funded to develop the educated workforce needed to grow the state economy.
- Support an initiative to recruit and retain global talent in West Virginia.
- Ensure that the changing employee healthcare needs are effectively and continually met.
- Ensure transparent and fair employment practices by strengthening due process protections, enhancing shared governance, and preserving tenure and academic freedom.
- Support the improvement of the state’s broadband coverage.
- Ensure institutions of higher education are able to regulate the safety and security of their campuses